If you want to choose the fastest web hosting, compare the speed of page loading, uptime percentages and server location. You can also check out additional speed boosting features web hosts offer.
It’s important to invest your time into your website creation and to direct traffic to your content. You’ll want your pages to load quickly so your visitors don’t get bored and look at another website.
The fastest hosting providers are in constant competition with each other to maintain the fastest page loading times possible.
If your pages are loading quickly, you also want to have a fast web host’s server with a strong reputation for up times
Here are the fastest web hosts we discovered:
|Web Host||Speed||Starting Price||Best for|
|A2 Hosting||0.34 s||$2.99/mo||Most people – A2 is cheap and fast.|
|WP Engine||0.36 s||$22.50/mo||Small and medium Businesses.|
|Cloudways||0.41 s||$10/mo||Businesses who need speed and safe cloud hosting.|
|Kinsta||0.42 s||$30/mo||Businesses build on WordPress.|
|HostGator Cloud||0.43 s||$4.95/mo||Reliable cheap option.|
|InMotion||0.62 s||$5.99/mo||Businesses and individuals.|
|SiteGround||0.71 s||$6.99/mo||WordPress sites fast hosting for a reasonable price.|
In 2022, even with 5G networks, it’s critical for websites to load super fast. It is the ranking factor that greatly improves customer experience and your business success. The fastest hosting is the best web hosting.
Fastest Web Hosting:
Turn up the speed with the fastest hosting, as high-speed hosting services not only improve user experience, but they also:
- Positively affect search engine ranking
- Increase the time on site a visitor spends because they are comfortable to browse more
- Helps with resource delivery
- Make your website more attractive for users
- Increase your overall website speed
Don’t lose traffic because of your lazy speeds.
To make it easier for you, we’ve found the fastest web hosts on the market below.
1. A2 Hosting
Average Speed: 0.34 seconds
A2 Hosting is the fastest web host we’ve found. They say they are “up to 20x faster web hosting”.
Though you don’t get 20x speed on the Lite plan, this speed comes with Turbo Plan.
If you use A2 Hosting’s Turbo plan and turn on the speed and caching tools they provide, your site will have great loading speed.
Here is more into the details of their plans:
- Shared hosting with CloudLinux: You can use a site-building tool to make your website. The first two options offer standard speeds and they host the fastest option on the Turbo server. When you outgrew the shared hosting, you can upgrade to a dedicated server.
- A2 has two dedicated hosting options: Flex for developers and experts and Managed Flex that has a free cPanel. A2 guarantees 99.9% uptime and blazing fast speeds.
- Managed and unmanaged VPS hosting: The unmanaged hosting includes Linux OS and A2’s own installer program. Managed hosting has software, hardware, network, and security monitoring.
- Cloud hosting: on the SwiftServer Platform makes page loads up to 300 percent faster.
- Reseller hosting: it has three separate plans and all of them offer resellers unlimited client accounts.
A2 Shared hosting plans:
|# of Sites||1||∞||∞|
With 24/7 technical support and combining the best of OpenCart, Drupal, WordPress, and Joomla, A2 gives fast page load speeds.
2. WP Engine
Average Speed: 0.36 seconds
WP Engine is made for speed. They use Evercache technology with fully managed CDN. It serves your static content from data centers all round the world and gives super fast web speed load.
If you have a large WordPress site where every second counts WP Engine can handle it with ease.
Average Speed: 0.41 seconds
Cloudways hosting differs from the other hosts here and is for professionals and developers.
Cloudways has new servers with multiple caching levels. It has the latest PHP versions and free SSL certificate. Launching a server and using their migrator plugin is easy.
They add value, such as:
- 24/7 Expert Support
- Managed Backups
- Managed Security
- Advanced Caching
If you need a super-scalable high-speed hosting with 24/7 support, go with Cloudways.
Average Speed: 0.42 seconds
Kinsta is super-fast WordPress and WooCommerce hosting and a brand new alternative to WP Engine.
They focus on WordPress users who want managed and secure hosting with super fast speed on the Google Cloud platform.
They use technology like LXD, Nginx, PHP 8.0, software containers, MariaDB, and compute-optimized VMs to make your website load in the blink of an eye.
5. HostGator Cloud
Average Speed: 0.43 seconds
HostGator Cloud hosting suites more for growing websites.
It has a cheaper price than other cloud hosting providers.
HostGator Cloud plans cons:
- Cloud pricing starts at $4.95 per month
- Free SSL on all plans
- They offer unlimited domains on Baby Cloud and Business Cloud
HostGator has a 99.9% uptime guarantee, fast web hosting and responsive customer support.
6. InMotion Hosting
Average Speed: 0.62 seconds
InMotion have invested in many ISPs and data peering to provide fastest speeds no matter where users are.
Shared hosting plans come with free SSD and a free domain name. Also, InMotion provides integration for Google apps and secure IMAP email.
Their dedicated hosting gives 99.99% network uptime and faster load times. You can have a free cPanel, WHM and free SSD. They also have a managed hosting admin setup program to help you set up your server, optimize your site and speed up your pages.
VPS hosting comes with free SSD, a free domain name, a free cPanel, unlimited domains and MySQL databases.
InMotion has 24/7 customer support, with live chat and Skype options. They offer a 99.9% uptime guarantee.
Average Speed: 0.71 seconds
SiteGround implemented special technology to make your site faster.
The SuperCacher comes in three options, depends on your site needs:
- Level 2: Dynamic Cache is great for WordPress sites. Instead of generating the PHP code, it references the saved HTML, and this speeds up the site load.
- Level 3: Memcached is a technology used by YouTube, Facebook, Wikipedia, and other big websites. The technology caches the files directly on the RAM. This option is great for databases sites.
Free Cloudflare CDN
SiteGround hosting has a free Cloudflare CDN directly integrated into your host. This technology spreads the caching of your data among different data centres. When a user comes to see your site, the technology uses the closest to the user data centre to load the web page faster.
SSD Drives not Solid State
They store the files on Shared hosting plans on SSD drives to speed up the site files load.
The Basics of Fastest Web Hosting
Loading speed depends on the hosting plan you use. A shared hosting plan is not as fast as a VPS or dedicated server plan. One of the best options is cloud hosting.
Your physical distance from the hosting company’s server location can also affect how fast your sites load.
Optimizing your site can help speed the load time as well. Compress images, scripts, meta descriptions, title and header tags, and add image titles and file names.
When you choose a hosting, don’t consider only speed
When you’re choosing a host, balance the speed and the price.
Higher-priced options often have more features, fewer limits and faster speeds.
Consider these things when buying a hosting plan:
- Money-back guarantee: the best hosts give you 30 or 60 days money-back guarantee.
- Response time: hosting response time and domain name response time can affect your site speed. The domain response time can affect speed more than hosting
- Small business vs enterprise: Some hosts are for enterprise. Others, like SiteGround and A2 Hosting, are for small businesses.
- Control panel: The control panel ( cPanel) makes it easy to manage your site. If a hosting provider has their custom made panel while the entire world is using cPanel it may take extra time for you to learn how to use it.
- Support team: Make sure the customer support has good reviews and instant help options like live chat or phone.
- Email accounts: Check how many email accounts hosting offers and if emails are limited
- SSD storage: It’s the fastest hosting storage, a premium feature. Check if it provides storage responding with no lag time.
- Disk space: Some hosts only give 30 GB on their popular plans.
- Free SSL certificate: SSL certificate gives you an https secure site
- Unlimited bandwidth: Ability to drive unlimited traffic to your site.
How Site Speed Affects Your Website and Business
If your website is loading more than in 2 seconds, you risk having less web page views and not as satisfied customers. People can’t wait for more than a few seconds today to load the webpage, unless they really need to use that exact website for their specific needs.
Many hosting platforms offer acceptable speed of a website and there are also tools you can use to speed up your site. Though it’s always a big bonus to choose from the fastest web hosting providers, you don’t have to change your hosting if it appears to be slow. As it takes a lot of work to migrate one site to another hosting platform.
Check the hosting services and make a wise choice about your website hosting.