Thinkific is one of the top brands in the industry and it has over 75 million students. Let’s take a look at all the features Thinkific has and see why it ranks as one of the best course creation platforms for entrepreneurs, coaches, and educators.
What is Thinkific?
Thinkific is an online course platform for business coaches, educators, and entrepreneurs.
The platform allows you to create your online courses in different content formats like videos, PDF, quizzes, text, discussions, and other content styles.
Thinkific has all the tools an educator needs to sell online courses.
With an easy to use drag-and-drop builder you can create the perfect site for your online coaching business.
With its unique marketing featuresThinkific helps course creators promote their business with ease and also integrate multiple third-party apps. It also has student management features like automated emails and reminders to track student progress.
How Many People Use Thinkific?
Here are some impressive numbers about Thinkific:
- More than 75 million courses are taken on Thinkific.
- The Thinkific community has over 50,000 creators.
- People from all over the world in 190 countries are using Thinkific.
- $650 million online courses were sold through Thinkific.
Thinkific gets better each year with more and more students and educators joining in.
Who Can Use Thinkific?
Thinkific is a course creation platform. If you want to start an online coaching business, you can use the platform.
Thinkific users are mainly business coaches, entrepreneurs, online educators, academic institutions and digital marketing platforms.
You don’t need technical skills to launch an online course on Thinkific.
Let’s take a look at Thinkific’s top features and factors you need to know to create an online course.
Thinkific Review: Top Features for Creating Your First Online Course.
Thinkific offers training videos and a simple user interface. Excellent training materials will walk you through each step to make it easy to create your first online course.
1. Thinkific Course Builder Module.
As a platform for creating online courses, Thinkific has high content versatility, it allows you to create different membership levels, to customise your course appearance, and drip content to your students.
With rich content support Thinkific helps you keep online courses interesting.
Thinkific supports 12 different content formats:
- Brillium exams
- Live feed (beta)
If you are migrating from other platforms or have existing material, you can add multiple content pieces with ‘Bulk Importer.’
Course Appearance Customization.
You can upload custom images and descriptions for individual courses.
You can choose different color themes, light or dark, add lesson labels, and a course player logo and change colors and fonts of your website.
With these options Thinkific helps you highlight your personal brand.
Your online courses need to have a revenue strategy and Thinkific has different membership levels to help you. Here are a few membership levels we’ve found:
- Free membership plan
- Monthly payment plan
- Custom pricing options
- One-time payment
- Subscription membership
To be able to use these membership options you will need to have Thinkific’s Pro plan.
Thinkific allows you to offer drip content. When your students cover previous lessons, they are offered next milestone content to learn about.
You can schedule content release according to student enrollment date, custom calendar days and student course start date.
Thinkific Course Completion Certificates.
Thinkific allows educators to create professional course completion certificates for their students.
You can choose from certificate templates or customize your own one with your brand image. You can add your brand or school logo, change fonts and colors, and assign a single certificate to multiple courses.
2. Thinkific Website Builder.
For your online coaching business to be successful, you need a website. Thinkific offers the widest website functionality so your website is made for online teaching. Here are some functionalities you can use with Thinkific online course platform:
Drag-and-Drop Page Builder
You don’t need to know any HTML or CSS coding to create web pages with Thinkific. With a drag-and-drop editor you can easily create a page for your course or any other pages of your website.
With a single click you can add banners, image gallery, call-to-action, checklist, countdown timers, reviews, videos, and much more. Choose from page templates or create entirely new designs for your website.
Thinkific offers an exciting feature, pre-built theme library.
To create your course faster, choose a template as your foundation. Thinkific offers multiple themes with a simple customization interface.
There are three different themes with ten variations you can choose from.
Add Custom Domain
Thinkific allows its users to have custom site URLs for their course website. This functionality is available with paid plans only.
If you’re just starting your online coaching business, use a free subdomain under the FREE subscription plan.
SSL is a must for all websites as it tells search engines and your website visitors that your site is safe and secure to use. It secures the information your students share and ensures that your site is safe for browsing.
Thinkfic offers a basic SSL certificate for all the plans. You can also use your custom SSL, this option is available with the ‘Premier’ plan.
White Labeling Solutions
TYou can remove ‘Powered by Thinkific’ text from your website.
This option is available with the Pro plan Growth package.
3. Thinkific Payment Options.
When you sell online courses, you need to make sure your students are able to choose a payment method they’re comfortable with.
Thinkific supports Stripe and PayPal methods of payment.
Stripe is used for credit cards or debit cards payment. PayPal is available in over 200 countries, and is a fast payment option.
Also Thinkific sends payments to the sellers’ PayPal or Stripe account without any holding periods or waiting time.You’ll have access to your payments instantly.
You can also add custom conversion elements to your checkout pages, as well as reviews, videos, and the ability to upsell. You can add one-click upsells on your ‘Thanks for enrolling’ page.
4. Thinkific Marketing Tools.
Thinkific has tools and integrations for your online courses marketing strategy. Let’s take a look at 4 different ways you can use to make a sale:
The easy way to motivate your prospects for sale is to offer a discount on your course. With Thinkific you can create coupons for an instant discount.
Choose a percentage discount or a fixed discount. It is also possible to generate multiple coupon codes for every course.
Students can apply the discount code at the checkout. There is also an option discount when buyers directly land on your checkout page.
Promote your content on partner networks or websites to boost your sales.
Use Thinkific sales widgets for easy marketing on network websites to drive sales to your courses. There are different variations, such as buttons or course cards available.
If you use marketing tools like Mailchimp, Aweber or other email marketing platforms, you can connect these to your Thinkific account.
There are many third-party integrations:
- E-commerce: Stripe, Shopify, PayPal, Stunning
- Automation: Zapier, Infusionsoft
- Student success: Zoom, Accredible, Disqus
- Growth tools: Sumo
- Analytics: Google Analytics, Facebook, Segment.io
- Email marketing: Mailchimp, ConstantContact, ConvertKit, Aweber
One of the best digital marketing tactics is to work with affiliates to promote your courses.
Thinkific lets you add affiliates for your courses. You can enroll your students as affiliates or let third-party users promote your courses.
Track your affiliate program and approve commissions. The payments to your affiliates you need to make outside the Thinkific platform as it doesn’t support direct payments at the moment.
5. Thinkific Reporting Capabilities.
To be able to track your sales and student engagement, you need a good reporting system which Thinkific has. It gives you real-time insights into your business.
Advanced reporting allows you to track:
- Revenue: You can track your revenue using multiple filters. They help identify which courses and channels have the most sales. You can use several filters,such as courses, payment providers, payment type, course types, customer type (new or returning), and other categories.
- Orders: With this section you can review completed orders for different periods. You apply different filters like coupons, types of students and payment method used.
- Enrollments: Track free and paid enrollments over time. It is excellent if you offer a promo course or free course to your students.
- Student engagement: You can track your students’ engagement by seeing how students are using your course. Check their interaction with different media types, quiz scores, the average time required to finish a course, and other student data.
6. Thinkific Student Management.
Thinkific comes with a user-friendly student management system.
It has a seamless student onboarding process, it sends all the necessary details to new enrollments through notifications, emails, and the chance to participate in communities.
As an online course creator, you can add clear filters, segments, and use different Thinkific features..
Note: You can enroll unlimited students in your courses for all the plans.
User Groups, Communities, Discussions
When you create and launch a new course, it’s essential to drive user interaction. Thinkific has multiple features to help with student activity within your course. You can create discussions, groups, communities around your course content or other topics.
- Groups: Thinkific allows you to divide students into groups. This feature doesn’t come with the basic plan. If you offer a free course or a course bundle, you can easily sort users into different groups.
- Communities: Improve user experience with communities and have vibrant, meaningful discussions among your students.
- Discussions: Buyers often check community discussions before they enroll in membership sites. With Thinkific you can add discussions to your website. Members can understand more about the progress made by your previous students.
Student Progress Reports, Reviews, Certificates
It’s important to understand how students feel about your courses.
Thinkific has multiple features to track student progress and feedback, such as reviews, progress reports, and certificates.
- Student Progress Reports: Analyze the progress of your enrolled students across different courses, completion rates, and sign-in activity.
- Reviews:Reviews are a great way to get feedback from your students. Use reviews to boost your sales. Thinkific allows you to edit reviews and embed them in your course’s landing page. Also use reviews on your sales page and your website to boost customer confidence.
- Certificates: Thinkific course creation tool is easy to use. You can create course completion certificates from already available templates. You can also add custom image backgrounds for course certificates.
Assignments, Quizzes, Surveys
It’s essential for any course creation platform to help you track the progress of a student. Thinkific has multiple testing methods to show that your students are taking the course well.
You can create assignment lessons and add a sample file or template file for students. The maximum size for student submissions is 100MB.
You can also add quizzes to your course with one-answer or multiple-answer questions in a quiz. Thinkific provides a WYSIWYG editor, where you can add graphics or videos to your quizzes.
You can create a question bank for every quiz and the platform will choose random questions for every student and make it unique.
If your course has webinars or live classes, add surveys to identify the learning outcomes and student preferences. You can also embed surveys within your course.
7. Thinkific Data Security.
Thinkific takes care of the security of your courses and data. The course creation tool gives a free SSL with every plan.
Thinkific uses secure cloud hosting that protects yours and your students’ data. If you often do daily backups of your website or courses, Thinkific offers automatic backups.
All updates are made automatically across all the websites.
In short, you don’t have to worry about the security of your data.
8. Thinkific Pricing Plans.
Thinkific has a FREE plan, allowing you to create up to three courses, get instant access to funds and enrol unlimited students. The content types are limited with the free plan.
Thinkific plans and their pricing:
- Free plan: Free plan is ideal if you are trying online coaching or course creation for the first time. It has basic features.
- Basic plan: Here you access all the necessary features for creating a good course, plus you can choose a custom domain.
- Pro plan: Thinkific Pro plan is for business coaches or professionals. It has all the features you’ll need to run a course as well as features like live lessons with Zoom, priority support, certificates, and the ability to add up to 5 course-admins or authors.
- Premier plan: If you have a coaching business, and want to grow it into an enterprise, the Premier plan is for you. It is designed for maximum automation and growth. You can have five site admin accounts, a fast onboarding package and up to 50 course-admins .
Thinkific also offers Plus plans that are ideal for small to medium-scale businesses.
9. Thinkific Customer Support.
If you are a new course creator, you may need help in getting started. Thinkific customer support has different support options to make sure you get professional help in time.
Its support options have:
- Email support: Thinkific provides email support with response time within 24 hours or even sooner. The platform also sends emails that will help you get started and keep you motivated throughout the course creation process.
- Phone support: Thinkific phone support has the best reviews and is very efficient.
- Learning center: Thinkific has a learning center with step-by-step video tutorials on how to use different Thinkific features.
- Active Facebook community: Thinkific also has an active Facebook community. You get a quick response from community members and also you can connect with other course creators.
Thinkific Reviews: Pros and Cons
Thinkific is one of the best course creation tools we have found, though it has its pros and cons too.
- Free basic plan: Thinkific is one of the only course creation platforms that offers a free basic plan with the ability to launch a course.
- No transaction charges: Thinkific has no additional transaction charges.
- Instant fund access for all plans: Thinkific offers instant access to your funds.
- Custom domain: You can use a custom domain with Basic plans.
- Phone support: Thinkific offers phone support and its email support is quite responsive.
- White-labelling solution: If you’re a business coach or a small business, Thinkific.com offers white labelling with Growth packages, so you can use your own visual branding.
- Robust third-party integrations: Thinkific doesn’t offer integrated email autoresponder or marketing module. For that you can use third-party integrations with email marketing platforms, analytics platforms, and two of the most used payment gateways.
- Tricky navigation: Thinific navigation doesn’t look as simple as its opponents.
- Two-step checkout process: Thinkific has a two-step checkout process and requires users to create an account before purchasing a course.
- No course marketplace: Thinkific doesn’t offer a course marketplace and without email integrations or marketing plugins for the free plan, it can be hard for course creators to market their course.
Thinkific is one of the best course creation platforms on the market. It has a simple design, rich features, and acceptable pricing.
Try to understand the features you require from a platform.
Thinkific is feature-rich and has all the necessary tools for you to make money online by selling online courses.
Do you use Thinkific? What is your opinion about this platform?